Sound Pack Compatibility Note: This sound pack will work with any aircraft model, both freeware or payware in FSX and P3D.
- Media Format
- Immediate Download
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X inc. Steam Edition and Prepar3D (all versions including v4)
- File size
- 19.4 MB
The Piper J-3 Cub is a small, simple, light aircraft that was built between 1937 and 1947 by Piper Aircraft. With tandem (fore and aft) seating, it was intended for flight training but became one of the most popular and best-known light aircraft of all time.
The Cub's simplicity, affordability and popularity invokes comparisons to the Ford Model T automobile. The aircraft's standard chrome yellow paint has come to be known as ìCub Yellowî or "Lock Haven Yellow".
- Crew: one pilot
- Capacity: one passenger
- Length: 22 ft 5 in (6.83 m)
- Wingspan: 35 ft 3 in (10.74 m)
- Height: 6 ft 8 in (2.03 m)
- Wing area: 178.5 ft≤ (16.58 m≤)
- Empty weight: 765 lb (345 kg)
- Useful load: 455 lb (205 kg)
- Max takeoff weight: 1,220 lb (550 kg)
- Powerplant: 1◊ Continental A-65-8 air-cooled flat four, 65 hp (48 kW) at 2,350 rpm
THIS PRODUCT ONLY WORKS 100% with FSX.
All enginesounds are recorded in TSS HD audioquality, then compiled to meet the FSX sound specification.
Turbine Sound Studios would like to give a very big thanks to Pilot Jacob Thomsen and all the crew behind OY-AFG, for making this possible!
Besides the real high quality recordings of the engines, this soundpack also includes fully adapted soundcones.