Sound Pack Compatibility Note: This sound pack will work with any aircraft model, both freeware or payware in FSX and P3D.
- Media Format
- Immediate Download
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X inc. Steam Edition and Prepar3D (all versions including v4)
- File size
- 93 MB
The McDonnell Douglas MD-8x range of aircraft easily rank among the most important models produced by the aviation firm. First released in the late 1970s, the McDonnell Douglas MD-80 and its family of aircraft soon became a well-recognized part of medium-range aviation. These commercial jet airliners were hugely popular, with their interesting change in length from the DC-9 making sure they stand out like never before.
With space for anything from 130-172 passengers, the McDonnell Douglas MD-8x family of aircraft are known to produce very comfortable flights. They are also very quiet aircraft, making sure that anyone on an MD-81/82/83/87 or MD-88 flight can enjoy a harmonious, quiet flying experience.
However, users of FSX and P3D will likely find the audio experience in the cockpit of the McDonnell Douglas MD-8x range a little disappointing. Often, the sounds are generic and are often either too loud or too quiet. To help you out with that, this add-on makes sure you can fly this popular family of aircraft and hear a proper pilots’ kind of atmosphere within the cockpit.
Now, sounds are much more in-line with what a pilot would hear, as is the various sounds that you hear from the rest of your crew. If you want to up the immersion levels, make use of 70+ new sounds to really make the cockpit of any McDonnell Douglas MD-8X aircraft sound much more authentic.
This package by Turbine Sound Studios helps to make sure you hear everything as if you were sitting in the cockpit. With HD sounds, this product has been developed in conjunction with the Leonardo MaddogX model designed for FSX and P3D. However, this should be compatible with other models of the McDonnell Douglas MD-8x family.
- Comprehensive new sounds, each one making sure that the aircraft sounds more specific.
- New external and internal engine sounds add life to the aircraft, regardless of where you are watching from.
- New wind sounds also add a sense of ambiance to the flight, showcasing what a real flight might sound like.
- Also, the cockpit environment sounds make sure that the cockpit sounds busy and as active as you would expect when flying a plane.
- Custom distance and dynamic sounds are included, each one helping to add to the tension and atmosphere pilots feel when flying.
- In total, 76 new sound files exist, with each one looking to make the sound even crisper and sharper than before whilst staying true to FSX and P3D specifications.