- Media Format
- Immediate Download
- X-Plane 11
- File size
- 2.3 GB
The city of Dortmund is one of the most important in the North-Rhine Westphalia region. Known for its accommodating people and its rich industrial city, Dortmund was once a thriving location of employment and opportunity.
With the end of the German industry in the past, this proud region has seen many challenges in the decades following the First World War.
However, as this add-on shows, the city of Dortmund is still as beautiful as ever. A trip to this stunning city in the Ruhr region will make sure you can finally see the city and its important airport come to life like never before.
The Airport Dortmund (EDLW) is transformed, as is the Hengsen-Opherdicke airfield. This helps to create a very interesting and endearing take on the city as a whole, with photorealistic ground textures used to help make sure the city comes to life.
Now, you can take part in flying to and from Dortmund and feel like you are in the still-beating heart of German industry.
You can take part in VFR flights from Hengsen-Opherdicke, or you can take part in rescue missions via helicopter from the hospital helipad.
With immense attention to detail going into every part of the city, this adds a whole new change to the city. from major landmarks in the city coming to life, this makes the city of Dortmund far more like the amazing place to visit it is.
- A faithful take on the city of Dortmund, with photorealistic 50cm/pixel ground textures used, all based on aerial imagery.
- Major landmarks included within both the airport and the city itself, bringing the whole of Dortmund to life.
- All airport buildings, features, and facilities included helping make the airport easier to use than ever before, including authentic new navigation aids.
- New taxiway and runway lighting combines with new lighting effects to make flying around and over the city so much easier during evenings.
- Authentic takes on major parts of the city, with the likes of the Hengsen-Opherdicke airfield seeing 60cm/pixel detailed scenery included.
- Fresh new autogen to fill in key parts of the city and make sure the whole region looks authentic to Dortmund.
- New animated wind objects, such as the wind turbines and windsocks being used at Hengsen-Opherdicke.
- New ship traffic moves in and out of the Dortmund-Ems Canal if you are using the Sea traffic add-on by Jonathan Harris.
- Volumetric grass is fully accessible, as are new Physically Based Rendering water surfaces.
- Autogen scenery can be turned on and off to help fill in the city or to help improve performance if the new autogen is causing performance issues.
- Included back-up library which runs without add-ons.