Convair XB-46 for P3Dv41 reviews
- Media Format
- Immediate Download
- Prepar3D v4
- File size
- 89 MB
First released in 1944, the Consolidated Vultee (eventually the Convair) was a complete change from the previous aircraft. This jet bomber was a total change from the norm and introduced a quad set of Allison J-35-A-3 jet engines thrown under the long, straight wings in two large pod designs. This was designed to make sure that the aircraft was solid, stable and secure while taking on the stress and pressure involved in a bombing run.
Capable of hitting cruise speeds as high as 439mph as well as hitting a service ceiling of 40,000ft, the Convair was to be a hugely successful aircraft. Indeed, the speed was so fast that it was capable of averaging 533mph when flying to Wright Field. Capable of carrying 4,280 gallons of fuel, it was estimated that the XB-46 could fly as far as 2,870 nautical miles even with an 8,000lb bomb load. With a crew of three, it was very much an interesting design that broke away from the norm.
However, the arrival of the XB-47 meant that the old XB-46 was put to pasture before a single order of it was made. With this add-on, though, you can see what it would have felt like to sit at the cockpit of something so immeasurably powerful were it ever to have been built in full production.
- Highly impressive attention to detail, with 4096 x 4096 liveries making sure the whole aircraft looks as realistic as it can within P3D.
- New and improved cockpit and exterior models make sure that the whole aircraft matches the standard of realism that the textures set.
- The cockpit features many pilot and co-pilot stations, with authentic takes on the real stations that would have excited included as needed.
- Animated flaps, spoilerons, crew hatches, and bomb doors were all included, alongside new crew figures to help add to the immersion
- New animated smoke engine effects allow you to get a good idea of how powerful the Convair would have been.
- A whole new set of jet engine sounds were included, too, making it so easy for you to hear as well as see what any potential problems could be.
- Bombs can be included in the bomb bay if desired.
- New Adobe Photoshop paint kit file included if you wish to make your own bespoke liveries.
- Note: there is no 2D panel provided with the Convair XB-46.
Rated 3.0/5.0 based on 1 customer reviews
3/5 Verified Purchase
I have been looking for the XB 46 a long time. Download was without any problems. installing was a bit complicated but it worked out in the end. Using the throttle is tricky, because the engines stall immediately when you move the throttle not slow enough. Maybe it is the type of engine. My HOTAS is definitely not the proble. I checked that out very extensively. That is the reason why I can only rate this download as average