Beechcraft Baron 58 for FS20041 reviews
- Media Format
- Immediate Download
- Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004
- File size
- 96.9 MB
- 3D gauges.
- Customizable panel for controlling windows transparency, 3D knobs, windows tinted and static elements such as wheel chocks, pitot cover and sights props.
- Original HQ digital stereo sounds recorded directly from the real aircraft.
- Two original GNS 430.
- Bendix/King KFC225 autopilot installed.
- Interactive virtual cockpit.
- Pop up B58 manual with normal, emergency checklist and performance tables.
- Tested by real B58 pilots.
- Realistic night lights effect on virtual cockpit.
- Polygon optimized model.
- Friendly FPS.
- Full moving parts: Ailerons, elevators, rudders, flaps, rolling wheels and trim tab.
- Animated sections such as: propeller, doors, windows, sun visors, passenger table, copilot seat and pilot.
- Lights: Navigation lights, landing and taxi lights.
- 3D modeled pilots, cockpit area and passenger cabin area.
- Real behavior compared to the real airplane.
- Real weight and balance.
Included in the package
- 4 paint schemes
- 1 Blank texture
- 2 models (one pilot and two pilots)
- Normal and Emergency Procedures PDF
- Performance tables
- GNS430 User Guide
- KFC225 Autopilot Manual
- B58 Reference
- VC Diagram
The Baron is one of the nicest flying planes in the world, great dynamics, little adverse yaw, and smooth control harmony. Carenado has seemingly managed to model these characteristics into their Baron 58, making it a quite realistic product. The textures are high quality, the sounds are good, lighting is good, and the light bloom looks great. - Peter Carlson
Rated 5.0/5.0 based on 1 customer reviews
If you're looking for a light, twin-engined piston aircraft to take on a few tours, or maybe just to get some practice in, Carenado's Beechcraft Baron 58 would be a good choice. Now available for Flight Simulator 2004, this add-on package comes with the Carenado name, so expect some top quality visuals and amazing performance.
As one should expect with a Carenado product, the quality of the model is top notch. Packing in lots of detail, particularly in animated sections like the landing gear, while not affecting frame rates thanks to the polygon optimization it's undergone. With the choice between models containing one or two pilot models in the cockpit, as well as the choice between four different liveries, you can find lots of variety in this package. Each of the liveries are simple and stylish, with a splash of color either in a two-tone style or a pin stripe design. The both reflect the era of the aircrafts creation and naturally accent the shape and curves of the fuselage and the engine, making them all aesthetically pleasing. For those with a creative flare, a blank texture is included so that you can design your own custom liveries and create a completely unique visual experience for yourself.
An interactive virtual cockpit houses two GNS430 and a KFC225 autopilot and numerous 3D gauges in a cool gray panel. With reflections on the windows and impressive night light effects, the cockpit environment is both compelling, atmospheric and a great tool for immersing yourself into the experience. Detail continues all the way back through the aircraft, where more animations add to the ambiance of the sophisticated and elegant cabin.
With an original sound set recorded straight from its real world counterpart, the entire aircraft becomes more palpable, benefiting greatly from the realistic sounds. Flight dynamics have been fine tuned and tested by real B58 pilots to ensure they accurately mimic the weight, balance and behavior of the real world Beechcraft Baron 58, and they bring everything together smoothly, finishing off this realistic model that is as pleasant to fly in your simulator as it is in real life.