Beechcraft B58 Baron for X-Plane
In the 1960s, the Beechcraft brand began development on a light, twin-engine piston aircraft series. Known as the Baron, the Beechcraft B58 Baron is a part of this wider range of models. They have become a popular part of small-scale aviation, and to this day they remain in production across the board. Regularly used by groups as widening and as diverse as the US Army, there have been over 6,800 Beechcraft Baron models created over the five-plus decades of production they have enjoyed. Read more...
- X-Plane 11
- File size
- 275 MB
The Beechcraft B58 Baron came to be in 1969, having enjoyed improvements to its general size and power. A big improvement on the old 55 Baron, this introduced changes such as club seating, extra baggage doors, and higher gross weight of around 5,400lbs. Fitted with powerful 300HP engines made by Continental (IO-520 or IO-550), this was a very powerful aircraft that managed to pack in more seating and more flight power over its predecessor.
Other varieties of it appeared over the years, including the 58TC and 58P variants. Though they were discontinued, the classic Beechcraft B58 Baron is still in creation and production today. This recreation, though, looks to capture the classic B58 Baron, moving away from trying to capture the later editions such as the G58 Baron ISR.
Today, this classic aircraft has become an aircraft of choice for those looking for smaller flights or simple tour flights. Be sure to try it out if you use X-Plane 11; you'll add a deeply popular aircraft to your collection that you can enjoy flying day-in, day-out.
- A fully operational model of the Beechcraft B58 Baron covered in 4K PBR textures.
- Graphical details include materials with dynamic reflections and dielectric materials.
- Comes with a bespoke Bendix King KFC 225 Autopilot system in a pop-p window.
- In-depth sound system implementation via FMOD, with distance to each sound.
- Full support for RealityXP GTN750 support, as well as wider VR support elsewhere.
- Effect for additional features such as rain effects and other weather features.
- Engine and prop designs are re-authored to fit with XP11.30 adjustments.
- Flight dynamics also adjusted to fit in with changed made in XP11.30.
- Comes with an adjustable Manifest.json file for your own adjustment.
- Fully compatible with mods such as Goodway and Librain.
- A fully working model of the Beechcraft B58 Baron made purposely for X-Plane 11.
- A series of four liveries, with a blank livery for editing to suit your own needs.
- An Emergency and Normal Procedures PDF booklet for learning from.
- PDF guides for the KFC225 Autopilot as well as the B58 Reference guide.
- PDF support for improving X-Plane 11 performance within the B58 Baron.
- A general information guide to learn from about the Beechcraft B58 Baron.
Carenado is a household name in the flight sim industry. If you're bought flight sim payware add-ons before, you've likely heard of Carenado. Founded in 2001 by Fernando Herrera, Carenado has covered aircraft add-ons for FS98 right up to the brand new MSFS release of 2020. Carenado is based in Santiago, Chile, and has a team of developers, designers, and 3D modelers.
Known for the prop and turboprop models that they are famous for and have focused on, they also have small business jets in their add-on portfolio too. They have even developed a model for the Dassault Falcon 50EX - likely their largest.
They have received numerous awards and accolations in the flight sim community over the years. Their support team are always on-hand and responses are always answered in timely manner.
Submit a review of this product
Do you own a copy of this add-on? Have you used it? We'd love to hear your feedback on it below. You don't even need to have purchased it from SimShack.