Balearic Islands Professional Scenery for P3D
As one of the most common hotspots for tourism and travel, the Balearic Islands are a key travel point for those in Europe. It's often one of the best places to head to when you wish to get off the mainland but still enjoy the rich scenery and stunning weather. However, a trip to the Balearic Islands in P3D can feel a little underwhelming. The lack of attention to detail is quite an issue, and the generic nature of each island can be disheartening. Read more...
- Prepar3D v4 & v5
- File size
- 15 GB
However, with the Balearic Islands Professional Scenery package for P3D, that problem is brought to an end. This professional scenery package looks outstanding, leaving you with a very interesting take on the islands. Using impressive 25-50cm/pixel scenery, the attention to detail is much more pronounced than beforehand. So, too, is the richness of scale of the islands. Everything is much more exact in its placement, from key airports to even the coastlines of the islands themselves.
This package covers the whole of the Balearic Islands. This means that popular islands like Ibiza (with Formentera), Menorca & Mallorca all receive major cosmetic works. So, too, do the major airports in the region, including Palma Airport and Son Bonet. Alongside highly impressive changes to the AI aircraft, this produces a much more realistic, attentive, and busy looking set of islands.
- The highly impressive development of the islands using 0.5m/pixel aerial imagery for each area.
- New airport facilities all updated to match the modern features, with car parks, etc. all added.
- New and improved ground shadows are included to help make each island look more authentic.
- Up-to-date new taxiway lines are included for each airport, with many new markings included to help with navigation and to make each airport look more realistic.
- New taxiway, RWY, and 3D apron lighting to help make sure you are never lost when trying to take-off or land.
- New static and animated vehicles moving around, from public transport to service equipment creating a very interesting, bustling airport.
- Grass between new taxiways is included to help make sure there is ample greenery within the airport(s).
- Autogen changes make it much easier for you to see Balearic Island-like content appear across the islands.
- Complex new AFCAD inclusions go some way to making the whole experience more immersive.
P3D V4/v5 Changes
- Major adjustments made across the board to fit in with the new P3D SDK, including ground layouts.
- New and improved object optimization to help add the best shadow effects possible.
- 0.5m/pixel high-quality satellite imagery used to cover each of the islands included.
- New autogen and city objects help to appropriately populate each island with real objects.
- Impressive 5m elevation models used for each of the islands for the best effect.
- Photorealistic coverage for the whole island region is easy to turn on/off.
- Animated jetways and SODE jetways included for the best results.
- 3D runway lighting and apron lamps included helping improve visibility during adverse flying conditions.
- All AFCAD approaches are adjusted to help fit with AirDac 1804.
- Scenery registration made simple thanks to the use of the add-on.xml procedure for P3D V4/5.
- Configuration tools allow for easy and simple adjustment of any feature you would like to include/turn off.
Aerosoft has been in the flight sim business since 1991 - true veterans of flight simulation software and providing add-ons for flight simulator users and virtual pilots.
Based in Germany, they have a true appreciation of attention to detail in flight sim quality. They have published many hit titles in the flight sim world over the years and they are known globally in the flight sim community.
Aerosoft publishes many titles from smaller flight sim names bringing their add-ons and creations to fruition and putting them in front of the masses.
Aerosoft is always at the forefront of the latest flight simulator technology and their customer after-sale support is second to none.
Submit a review of this product
Do you own a copy of this add-on? Have you used it? We'd love to hear your feedback on it below. You don't even need to have purchased it from SimShack.