- Media Format
- Immediate Download
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X inc. Steam Edition & Prepar3D (including v4)
- File size
- 790 MB
Following on from their award-winning Canberra PR9, L-1011 Tristar Professional and Tornado GR1, this highly detailed simulation of the TB-10 and TB-20 was developed by Just Flight's in-house team after extensive research and consultation with real-world TB-20 pilots.
The Socata TB-10 Tobago and TB-20 Trinidad are General Aviation aircraft with spacious and comfortable cabins providing seating for up to five people and have proved popular for touring and instrument training. They are all-metal, cantilever low wing, single-engine aircraft with two ‘gull wing’ doors and access to the baggage compartment is through a door on the left-hand side of the fuselage.
The TB-10 is powered by a 180 horsepower (134 kW) Lycoming O-360 piston engine and is equipped with fixed tricycle landing gear. The TB-20’s power plant is a 250 horsepower (186 kW) Lycoming IO-540 piston engine and the aircraft is equipped with retractable tricycle landing gear. Both aircraft are fitted with a two-blade constant-speed propeller.
Both variants offer great performance with high cruise speeds (120-150 knots), the ability to fly long range (700-1,100 nautical miles) and the ability to land on hard or grass runways. A service ceiling of up to 20,000ft, combined with a comprehensive IFR-capable avionics suite including GPS, VOR, ADF and autopilot, make for a great long-range IFR touring aircraft. And with excellent visibility and payload capabilities, they are also well suited to flying those short VFR hops to local airfields!
The TB-10 Tobago and TB-20 Trinidad feature highly detailed and accurate models, 4096 x 4096 textures with bump and specular mapping for stunning clarity, numerous animations including passenger and baggage door, cockpit window, sun visors, oil cover and dipstick, and a variety of ground equipment including chocks, covers and tie-downs.
In the cockpit, the amazing level of detail right down to modelled screw heads, animated seat backs and authentic wear and tear including fingerprint marks will make you feel like you are sitting in the real thing! A vast array of avionics including a KMA 24, GNS 430, GNC 255, KN 62, KAP 150, GTX 330, KR 87 and WX-1000 Stormscope will ensure that you never get bored. There is even an option to integrate the superb Flight1 GTN 650 to further enhance an avionics suite that some airliners would struggle to match.
Accurate flight dynamics tested by real-world TB-20 pilots and authentic sound sets for both engine variants complete this extensive offering.
- Accurately modelled TB-10 Tobago and TB-20 Trinidad, built using real-world aircraft plans
- Numerous animations including passenger doors, baggage door, cockpit window, sun visors, oil cover and dipstick, engine access door, TKS fluid door and NACA ducts
- Ground equipment including chocks, pitot cover, engine intake covers and tie-downs
- 4096 x 4096 textures are used to produce the highest possible texture clarity
- Bump and specular mapping used throughout the aircraft to produce a truly 3D feel
- Engine exhaust vibration effects
- A truly 3D virtual cockpit right down to accurately modelled seatbelts, screw heads and animated seat backs - every instrument is constructed fully in 3D with smooth animations
- Cockpit textures feature wear and tear (and even fingerprints!) based on reference photos taken in the real aircraft to produce an authentic environment
- Interactive checklists for every stage of flight
- Panel state system which will automatically save the panel state whenever a flight is saved and reload the panel state whenever that flight is loaded
- Aircraft configuration system that will allow you to choose between 'cold & dark' or ready for take-off
- Numerous 2D pop-up panels are included to provide easy access to cockpit controls and instruments, all accessible from an unobtrusive panel selector
- Fittable control lock for preventing control surface movement or insertion of ignition key
Fully functional and comprehensive IFR capable avionics fit including:
- KMA 24H audio selector unit
- GNS 430 COM 1 / NAV 1 radio and GPS unit
- GNC 255 COM 2 / NAV 2 radio unit with frequency databases, recently used frequencies and flight timers
- KN 62 DME unit which can display information from NAV 1, NAV 2 or its own inbuilt receiver (NAV 3)
- KAP 150 autopilot unit with navigation, heading, altitude and pitch hold modes, and self-test functionality
- GTX 330 transponder unit with flight timers, altitude information and monitoring
- KR 87 ADF unit with active and standby frequencies, mode selection and flight timers
- Functional WX-1000 Stormscope with integrated TCAS and checklists
- Interactive logbook panel for logging your flight details (FSX and P3D v1-v3 only)
- Ice protection system with fluid quantity indication
- Flight computer panel with useful information such as fuel burn, endurance, speed and wind speed/direction
- Independently operated left and right panel instruments including attitude indicator and altimeter
- Cockpit vibration effects
- Flight1 GTN 650/750 integration in the virtual cockpit – toggle between the GNS 430 or GTN 650/750 (Flight1 GTN 650/750 sold separately) using a simple-to-use switcher tool
- Custom-coded fuel system including the option to have automatic switching of the fuel tanks for use on those long distance cross-country flights
- Custom-coded electrical system with busbars and functional circuit and switch breakers
- Realistic landing gear system with emergency release on the TB-20
- Functioning alternate air and standby vacuum controls
- Failures including spark plug fouling, limited battery life, vapour lock and more
- Realistic engine oil and TKS fluid usage, and battery drain
- Preferences (GPS choice, engine failures and sounds) are saved and restored on every flight
- Refill menu – pop-up menu for refilling engine oil, TKS fluid and fuel, and recharging the aircraft battery
The TB-10 is supplied in the following paint schemes:
The TB-20 is supplied in the following paint schemes:
- Towbar system for manoeuvring your aircraft on the ground
- Realistic and accurate flight dynamics based on real-world performance and handling data, and input from TB-20 pilots
- Authentic sound sets for both engine variants, developed by Turbine Sound Studios (TSS)
- Custom sounds for switches, doors, gear warnings and more
- Comprehensive 143-page colour PDF manual with panel guide, performance data and a tutorial flight
- Flight analysis tool for real-time monitoring and logging of your flights