Romantic Railroads: The German BR95 Class Locomotive for TS2016
This instalment in the Romantic Railroads series features the German DRG Class 95. This ten-coupled tank locomotive with a 2-10-2 wheel arrangement was procured by the Deutsche Reichsbahn (also referred to later as the Deutsche Reichsbahn-Gesellschaft, or DRG) in 1922 for hauling heavy goods trains on steep main lines. Because development of this class was begun by the Prussian state railways, it was designated as the Prussian Class T 20. Read more...
- Train Simulator 2016
- File size
- 175 MB
- Just Trains
The included BR95 locomotive 'The Mountain Queen' comes in the following variants, with three versions of each locomotive included: a 'Standard' version, a 'Simple' version for easy driving and a more complex 'Expert' version that requires more skill to stop priming and even boiler explosion!
- 77 002 (Epoch II) Grey photo-livery
- 95 019 (Epoch II) Green Prussian livery
- 95 010 (Epoch III) Coal burning - clean
- 95 015 (Epoch III) Coal burning - rusty
- 95 0022-4 (Epoch IV) Oil burning, includes the German AWS-system 'Indusi I60'
All the locomotives, tenders and wagons have many animated features such as opening smokeboxes with visible interiors and animated water hatches. They all feature extensive scripting to make the driving experience as authentic as possible.
The BR 95 comes ready for Quick Drive and four immersive scenarios are complete with many animated period custom objects.
See the detailed Description below for more details.
Important!Please note that this BR95 add-on requires the European Loco & Asset Pack (available to purchase from Dovetail Games via Steam) to be installed for it to run correctly. Please note that the pack may be included in other products purchased from Dovetail games via Steam.
FREIGHT WAGONS AND FEATURES
- R10 Stake wagons with various loads
- DB R10 with brakeman's hut and wooden crate of the Kopania & Co. Berlin
- DB R10 with brakeman's platform, no side stakes, loaded with a large steel pipe
- DB R10 with side stakes and classic wooden mover's van of the Kopania & Co. forwarding company
- DR R10 with side stakes and wooden crate of the VEB Company
- DR R10 with side stakes and small wooden crate of the VEB Company
- DR R10 with brakeman's platform, no side stakes, loaded with a large steel pipe
All these stake wagons can be loaded/unloaded with the supplied custom-built overhead cranes.
The BR95 scenarios include many custom period objects for you to see and interact with as you drive. These include:
- Maintenance facilities for servicing oil-burning locos that include small oil-storage with oil-filling facility, stand-alone oil-filling facility, oil-storage with oil-filling device and a small loco shed with operating doors when a train is approaching
- Animated figures inside, outside and behind the loco shed
- Small animated coaling crane
- Coaling operation by an animated DR digger
- Animated loading gauge, operating when a train is approaching
- Two different overhead cranes to load and unload the included wagons (six different loads can be loaded)
A PDF manual in English and German is included
Four Standard scenarios are included for the Hamburg-Hanover and Seebergbahn routes (both routes are NOT included in this package).
All four scenarios use the Expert version of the locos. In addition, the engines and wagons can be used on any Quick Drive-enabled route already in different configurations according to your personal taste.
RRR BR95 Oil Expert Harbour Shift
You are driving the oil-burning 95 0022-4 engine. Your first task will be to get water, oil and sand in the small maintenance facility. Afterwards you will switch the empty stake wagons for loading before you can hand over the train in the nearby station.
RRR BR95 Coal Expert Harbour Winter
It is a snowy winter day and you are driving a coal-fired BR95. You take your
complete freight train in the station. The loaded stake wagons have to be taken down to the harbour area and need to be unloaded in different locations. Afterwards you need to service the engine by taking on coal and water.
SEEBERGBAHN ROUTE (free download available from the STEAM website)
RRR BR95 Oil Expert - Climbing the mountain
You have to pull a long and heavy freight train up a mountain to the top station.
Another coal-burning 95 is helping to push you up. Be careful with your steam usage and watch the boiler pressure!
RRR BR95 Oil Expert - Counter-Pressure Brake
It's a winter day and you have to take a long and heavy freight train down the steep gradient. Do not use the train brakes, since the brake shoes would be spoiled in no time - only the Riggenbach counter-pressure brake will do the job!
- Train Simulator 2016
Important! Please note that this BR95 add-on requires the European Loco & Asset Pack (available to purchase from Dovetail Games via Steam) to be installed for it to run correctly. Please note that the pack may be included in other products purchased from Dovetail games via Steam.
- 3.0GHz PC or any Dual Core
- Windows 8 / 7 / Vista / XP
- 2.0GB RAM
- 256MB graphics card
- Direct X 9.0c compatible sound card
About Just TrainsView all products/add-ons by Just Trains.
Submit a review of this product
Do you own a copy of this add-on? Have you used it? We'd love to hear your feedback on it below. You don't even need to have purchased it from SimShack.