Roma-Ciampino X Scenery for FSX/P3D
For many, Rome is the jewel of Italian culture, class, and quality. However, despite its importance as one of the major European cities, FSX and P3D do a poor job of representing the region. Roma-Ciampino X, then, offers a fine alternative to this problem. Read more...
- Media Format
- Immediate Download
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X inc. Steam Edition & Prepar3D v3 and v4
- File size
- 1.1 GB
With over 1GB of high-quality artistry and detail added into this package, you can find that this tremendous take on the city of Rome including its airport really transforms the city. Not only that, but it turns the Giovan Battista Pastine into the major airport that it should be portrayed as. Having been built in 1916, it’s today one of the oldest airports still in use across the world. Now, it’s added into FSX and P3D in all of its resplendent quality.
So, too, is the immense attention to detail that has gone into making the airport, its industrial areas and the town of Ciampino come to life. With high-quality meshing and seasonal variants for all areas added with Roma-Ciampino X, this helps to add an extra layer of character to this all-important part of Italy. New 3D objects made from scratch come to life with impressive ambient occlusion. SODE design helps to bring the whole region to life, too, with new rain and lighting effects adding immense detail to the area.
3D approach lights and other minor details all combine with majorly improved textures and scaling. The end result is a truly remarkable take on the capital of Italy’ airport as well as major surrounding areas and locations.
Once a major hub for Italian ships, the military airport near Ciampino slowly changed into something else. The first airport of Rome, it was a major part of the government and civil transportation until its closure during the Second World War, maintaining its position as a military air base instead. In 1961, the Fiumicino Airport opened meaning that this small airport became a starting point for low-cost air carriers, as well as minor military and government usage.
- Making use of impressive 3D gPoly, this helps to add an impressive level of change to light and rain effects not seen elsewhere (P3D only).
- Customized meshing and autogen mixed with new and improved textures to help bring Roma-Ciampino to a whole new level of immersion.
- The town itself is also fully recreated, with autogen and specific new textures to help populate a part of the city that felt scarce and empty beforehand.
- New industrial works are included, too, with various features helping to show the busy nature of Roman industrial detail today.
- The impressive 3D cars all sit in the parking lot, carrying specific custom aprons to help them look far more Italian in general.
- 3D grass and new trees help to differentiate this part of the world from others, giving it that uniquely Roman feel.
- Impressive textures come to life both at day and night, offering impressive ambient occlusion modeling to really bring the region up a notch.
- SODE light effects and animated windsocks help to create a much more authentic looking region, bringing it to life in true style.
- Under-aligned left PAPI lights on Runway 33 utilize SODE light effects, too, for maximum appeal. 3D approach lights use the same approach to help improve visibility massively.
- Fresh NavDataPro charts make sure that you can fly to the airport with the absolute minimum of fuss.
- Seasonal variants help Rome and Ciampino to look amazing whether its winter or summer!
- Make any changes you need with the help of the configuration platform provided when installed.
Aerosoft has been in the flight sim business since 1991 - true veterans of flight simulation software and providing add-ons for flight simulator users and virtual pilots.
Based in Germany, they have a true appreciation of attention to detail in flight sim quality. They have published many hit titles in the flight sim world over the years and they are known globally in the flight sim community.
Aerosoft publishes many titles from smaller flight sim names bringing their add-ons and creations to fruition and putting them in front of the masses.
Aerosoft is always at the forefront of the latest flight simulator technology and their customer after-sale support is second to none.
Submit a review of this product
Do you own a copy of this add-on? Have you used it? We'd love to hear your feedback on it below. You don't even need to have purchased it from SimShack.