- Media Format
- Immediate Download
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X inc. Steam Edition
- File size
- 1 GB
As one of the finest cities to visit in the United Kingdom, Newcastle makes an excellent city to fly to. However, as Microsoft Flight Simulator fans will know, ‘the Toon’ often feels quite disparate when you fly over.
As one of the true jewels of the North East of England, sitting astutely on the banks of the River Tyne, Newcastle is a truly brilliant place to visit.
Now, with this add-on, FSX users can feel that city come to life like it never has before.
Newcastle International Airport will enjoy a complete revamp with this add-on. Based around 6 miles north of the city center, this ranks in the Top 15 busiest airports in the United Kingdom, and among the busiest in the Northern parts of England. Indeed, only Manchester beats Newcastle for airport arrivals – with around 4.8m flying through each year.
This add-on looks to make sure that the city of Newcastle and its major airport finally feel representative of a great city. The airport itself has stood since 1935, and in that time has become a major part of British aviation.
From a tiny hanger and some workshops to a major airport that is one of the busiest in the country, Newcastle Airport has grown massively.
Now, you can see that growth in attentive detail thanks to this mod for FSX. By adding much-needed detail to a rather bare airport, users can now fly to one of the major Northern airports in England and feel it truly come to life. Unlike before, this airport will now be a much closer representation of the region as a whole.
Whether you are a local, a completionist, or a role-player, this will ensure that Newcastle International Airport finally looks as it should.
- Makes use of impressive 20cm/pixel photoscenery to help populate the Newcastle are.
- Around 150 square kilometres of landclass are customised to fit the local region.
- Custom ground polygons were created from scratch to add extra detail.
- Every tower and building come with an interior that has been designed from scratch.
- 3D grass edging and approach lighting added for increased detail.
- Major landmarks around the area are included, such as St. Mary’s Lighthouse.
- Dynamic Effect ground lighting included for the best possible detail.
- Ambient animations included to help match-up with the local atmosphere.
- Customised terrain modelling carried out from scratch, including the Landside car park.
- Fully compatible with major scenery add-ons such as FTX Global.
- Jetways are fully controlled using SODE 1.5.2, adding more detail then before.