Boeing C-17 Globemaster III for X-Plane6 reviews
As one of the most popular aircraft of its era, the 4-engine military transport, the C-17 Globemaster III, played an essential role in improving how we move items, cargo and people through the air. First introduced as far back as 1991, in that time it has become one of the most important innovations in the cargo industry. Read more...
- X-Plane 10 and 11
- File size
- 274 MB
This powerful aircraft quickly established itself as a key part of the Boeing and McDonnell Douglas line. Capable of everything from tactical drop-off to cargo transport and even troop transportation, that versatility made sure that the C-17 Globemaster III has continued to be a commonly used aircraft for numerous reasons.
Commonly used by the UK, USA, Canada, and Australia, as well as the UAE and Qatar, the C-17 Globemaster III is more than just a transport solution. It's become a leader in everything from medical evacuation to airdrop for humanitarian purposes. If you would like to fly a multi-purpose cargo craft that really offers a rewarding yet challenging flight experience, you would do well to check out the C-17 Globemaster III.
- Impressive attention to detail across the model, with glass EFIS panels delivering crisp imagery, and texture resolutions more than double the FSX standard.
- New and improved animations include, too, from landing gears and thrust reversers to doors and speed brakes all operating as they should.
- HUD can be folded and de-cluttered to help make sure you never need to feel lost when you are up in the skies.
- New and improved autopilot and standby engine functions, making sure you can arrange the aircraft to fly as comfortably as is possible.
- Functional FMS computer further improves usage, with plug-in enhanced systems making your control over the C-17 Globemaster III even more pronounced.
- Better lighting for both the cockpit and the gauges, making sure you can see everything as clearly as is possible when flying.
- Detailed new Nav/Com/ADF/Transponder radio systems installed.
- New custom viewpoint buttons and also a new mission computer makes navigation much simpler.
- Stress-free and easy start-up as well as a more detailed procedure for those who want greater start-up experience.
- Cabin pressure control and windscreen wipers included alongside adjustable pedals and fully working fire extinguishers.
- A sound package included from DreamEngine, delivering impressive and immersive sounds to engines, thrust reversers, and many other key features - even stall warnings.
Not sure what you are doing? Then refer to the packaged manual that comes with your download. This will help you to get used to how to fly the C-17 Globemaster III on your own. Alongside the above, users will get access to a variety of new liveries for the C-17 Globemaster III. These include:
- March AFRC - 55140
- McChord AMC - 10186
- McGuire AMC - 44130
- Mississippi ANG - 33113
- Hawaii ANG - 55147
- Royal Australian Air Force - A41-207
- Royal Air Force - ZZ171
- Royal Canadian Air Force - 177701
- Bare 'Primer', the pre-delivery scheme - 00172
- NATO, Papa AB, Hungary - 001
- Qatar Emiri AF, Al Udeid AB, Qatar - 80201
- Qatar Emiri AF, Al Udeid AB, Qatar - Civilian
Founded in 1999 by Phil Perrott and originally named Alphasim who developed freeware aircraft for FS2004/FSX. Now rebranded as Virtavia who now publish payware add-ons for Microsoft Flight Simulator X and Prepar3D based on the old heavily modified Alphasim stock.
Virtavia has a focus on military aircraft add-ons compatible with FSX, Prepar3D, and X-Plane. Focusing on historic and modern military aircraft, their add-ons have been well received by flight sim pilots and rated highly.
SimShack stock the entire range of Virtavia add-ons and continue to list any new versions or releases announced by Virtavia.
Rated 3.0/5.0 based on 6 customer reviews
I must agree with Mr. Wood. In Xplane11 the compass is inop. The Hold HDG just turns the plane in circles and the auto VS keeps turning off. This is a great plane to fly and definitely worthy of a full functional update to Xplane11.
3/5 Verified Purchase
Hello good afternoon. I have a problem with the landing gear of my c17 globemaster plane. my version is for xplane 11, and the wheels do not rest on the ground. Please help me, thanks.
Sadly this plane doesn't work well with X-plane 11. A lot of things are messed up. I hope it gets an update as I love this machine!
4/5 Verified Purchase
Nice aircraft, It is the Virtavia-style for fsx Runs very good in XP 11.50
3/5 Verified Purchase
They seriously need to fix the FMC. Otherwise it is a good plane.
Excellence i have no problams wth it great plane :)
Submit a review of this product
Do you own a copy of this add-on? Have you used it? We'd love to hear your feedback on it below. You don't even need to have purchased it from SimShack.