ASDE-X Airport Situational Display Enhancement for FSX
Media format: Immediate Download
Compatibility: Microsoft Flight Simulator X
File size: 3.7 MB
ASDE-X™ provides a topnotch, top-down view of select airports when acting as the controller using the air traffic tower position in Microsoft® Flight Simulator X (FSX). This addon was inspired by real-world ASDE-X equipment used at 30+ select airports in the United States. ASDE-X equipment is used in support of the NEXTGEN directive of the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA). ASDE-X™ is a unique addon for FSX that can only be found here.
- Simple pushbutton interface design
- Airport layouts include taxiways, runways, buildings
- Arrival aircraft (inbound) list box with calculated ETAs
- Departure aircraft (outbound) list box
- Color assignment legend
- Flight strip display for selected aircraft
- Datatag(s) assignment for aircraft symbols
- Customizable font assignments
- Fully customizable color assignments stored for each airport
- Comes with 6 custom airport layouts (additional custom airport libraries will become available 1QTR-2011)
- Zoomin/out capability
- Multi-monitor support. Great with Matrox TripleHead2Go
- MULTIPLAYER GAMING
- Creates a top-down airport view for use in multiplayer (MP) gaming at online gaming networks (VATSIM, etc) where FSX is used by each connected user (You!).
- Multiple connected air traffic controllers in the same area can take on different roles using a common visual interface.
- One controller can handle ground operations using ASDE-X™ as a visual aid.
Another controller can handle all arriving/departing aircraft from the tower position using ASDE-X™ as a visual aid.
- Creates a top-down airport view for simply watching AI traffic utilizing the air traffic tower position.
- One user can host a session and invite as many controllers/pilots to the session. Then roles for each controller can be delegated however desired, each using ASDE-X™ to provide the perfect visual aid.
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X (FSX) Deluxe Edition or Gold Edition
- FSUIPC version 4.60 or later.
- Minimum video resolution 800x600.