Lukla: Mount Everest Extreme Scenery for FSX
This Mount Everest Extreme Scenery package – available for FSX – not only features what many regard as the world’s most dangerous airport in VNLK Lukla, but a further four highly accurate airports (see below) and a total of seven further generic airports (also see below), as well as multiple helipads throughout the region. Read more...
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X (all versions including Steam Edtion)
- File size
- 6 GB
Although many of the other airports are at higher altitudes or have runways that slope more or even that end in a mountain wall, Lukla contains several of these details by itself. And once the weather and often treacherous environment are factored in, this particular airport will certainly challenge even the most skilled of virtual pilots.
The detailed mech with rock and glacier outcrops around Mount Everest Basecamp will also force the pilot to use the same skills landing there as they would at the real-world location.
In total, there is 200x200 km of the area covered, meaning any virtual pilot who ventures here will have as close to a realistic experience as they would in the real-world location. This is perhaps reflected in the more than 366,000 autogen buildings, and more than 60 million individually placed trees, which themselves site within various different sites of vegetation ranging from shrub areas in alpine trees to valley forests.
There are also such points of interest as hanging bridges and stupas, which further bring the package to life, as well as high-resolution satellite imagery around the core areas. We should note, as, in the real-world Mount Everest region, there is not one flat runway to be found here.
This scenery package will replace the Lukla X – Mount Everest package (which itself was an award-winning package from the same developer).
- Highly detailed and accurate airports, including realistic vegetation, people, animals, and vehicles, and general objects.
- VNLK Lukla
- VNSB Syangboche
- VNPL Phaplu
- VNKL Kangel Danda
- VNRT Rumjatar
- A further seven generic airports, with realistic tower positions and ground layout
- VNKD Man Maya Khanidanda
- VNBJ Bhojpur
- VNTR Tumlingtar
- VNRC Ramechhap
- VNJI Jiri
- VNTJ Taplejung Suketar
- VNLD Lamidanda
- Multiple helipads available, many in extremely high altitudes, particularly the landing at the Mount Everest Base Camp
- Highly realistic and detailed hand mesh terrain with over 366,000 autogen buildings, as well as hanging bridges and stupas
- Over 60 million trees, each placed individually in their own areas of vegetation (shrubs, forest etc.)
- Semi fictional to build large "Tingri Airport" north of Mount Everest included as a free bonus
- Includes full manual with airport charts and custom-made maps
Aerosoft has been in the flight sim business since 1991 - true veterans of flight simulation software and providing add-ons for flight simulator users and virtual pilots.
Based in Germany, they have a true appreciation of attention to detail in flight sim quality. They have published many hit titles in the flight sim world over the years and they are known globally in the flight sim community.
Aerosoft publishes many titles from smaller flight sim names bringing their add-ons and creations to fruition and putting them in front of the masses.
Aerosoft is always at the forefront of the latest flight simulator technology and their customer after-sale support is second to none.
Submit a review of this product
Do you own a copy of this add-on? Have you used it? We'd love to hear your feedback on it below. You don't even need to have purchased it from SimShack.