- Media Format
- Immediate Download
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X inc. Steam Edition and Prepar3D
- File size
- 100 MB
Faa'a International Airport (PPT / NTAA) is located 5 km (3.1 mi) west southwest from the town center of Pape'ete, the capital of French Polynesia. Tahiti is located in the northwestern part of French Polynesia, and this is the only international airport in the overseas country.
Because of limited level terrain, rather than leveling large stretches of sloping agricultural land, the airport is built primarily on reclaimed land on the coral reef just off-shore. The airport, operated by Aéroports De Tahiti (formerly Setil Aéroports), has a single 3,420 m (11,220 ft) runway, large and sound enough to accommodate all commercial and military aircraft.
Faa'a International Airport is a relatively small airport. Air Tahiti has flights every day going to all the other islands in French Polynesia while international flights go to different countries such as the United States or New Zealand. The airport is on Tahiti which is an island among the Windward Islands: the eastern part of the Society Islands. Mo'orea can be seen across the Pacific Ocean and Mount Tohive'a is a major mountain on Mo'orea. The airport has a 70 ft (21 m) tall control tower and one runway.
This scenery includes the following features:
- Accurate domestic and international terminals plus the maintenance hangars of Air Moorea, Air Archipels, Air Tahit Nui and other for private aircraft.
- 3D PAPI Lights
- Runway Entrance Alert Lights (FSX/P3D only)
- Night lighting
- Photoreal map
- Semi-realistic textures
- Ground Polygon & Buildings with Full Native FSX Capabilities (FSX/P3D only)
- Hand-placed autogen (FSX/P3D only)
- Birds (FSX/P3D only)
- Rain Precipitation Effects (FSX/P3D only)
- Fully Compatible with DirectX 10 Preview Mode (FSX/P3D only)