- Media Format
- Immediate Download
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X inc. Steam Edition & Prepar3D
- File size
- 40 MB
The RAF West Raynham base was one of the most important bases in past and modern UK aviation history. Used by the RAF, it’s based in the fine countryside of Norfolk, England. Opening in 1939, the airport became a major part of the Second World War effort, with just over 85 aircraft lost during the conflicts that ensued during the war itself.
In 1994, the station finally closed down despite being kept as a strategic reserve point. Eventually, though, it was sold on in 2004 to the Welbeck Estate Group. Today, it’s now part of a FW Properties. Despite the rather acrimonious end to what was once a very important air base, this new add-on helps to shine a light on its glory days.
This fantastic take on the base helps to take it back to its 1960s days when the aircraft stored the Hawker Hunters from 1 Squadron. It also had the Bloodhound missiles of 41 Squadron here, all of which has been added for greater effect and impression.
Now that this airport is no longer quite the prominent package it once was, this add-on helps to bring back those glorious halcyon days. So, if you used to visit the RAF base or simply want to help have another cool base to come and visit, be sure to install this!
Also, please be aware that a portion of all revenues that Team SDB, the developers, take in go to a good cause. They go towards the Help for Heroes charity; a charity that looks to help offer care and welfare for brave soldiers who fought for Britain, but need help in later life.
- The airport feels alive and energized with the help of hangars and support buildings. As a uniquely designed air base, every model has been designed to fit its template.
- The new technical sites have been added, too, something that is missing from the original implementation of this famous airbase.
- Built upon photorealistic ground textures fully compatible with the likes of Generation X Scenery as well as default FSX/P3D scenery to help deliver the perfect finish.
- High end and authentic night lighting that offers a very impressive look to the whole airport. If you used to find it hard to land here, this will certainly correct that issue for you!
- The static collection of RAF Hawker Hunters ad Bristol Bloodhound MK II missiles, as well as Hawker Siddeley P.1127 and RAF Bristol Britannia’, adds to the whole collection.