- Media Format
- Immediate Download
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X inc. Steam Edition & Prepar3D
- File size
- 45 MB
As some of the most important bases in the United Kingdom, RAF bases are often undervalued. This mod for FSX and P3D helps to fully capture the intricacy of RAF Sculthorpe. This major RAF base is one of the most important of its kind and now looks much closer to the real thing with this add-on by Team SDB.
Built as an old satellite airfield for RAF West Raynham in Norfolk, this RAF base was very important for a time. It was the largest USAFE base in the European arena in the late 1950s. for that reason, it played a major role in various RAF missions across its existence. While the old North American B-45s began to move on and become replaced by the Douglas B-66 Destroyer, the air base slowly but surely ran out of usefulness.
By 1962, the vast majority of large-scale bomber deployments in Britain had come to an end. This seen, the 47th Bomb Wing, the main users of Sculthorpe, become inactive. Before long, it was handed back to the Ministry of Defence for use as a standby base. While it then became a hub for storage and less important features, this package captures it at its peak.
This is based on the 50s version of the base when it was in the middle of its transition. This was a very important time for the base, and thus this captures that transition in the perfect light. For military-minded aviation fans or those who want complete scenery overall, this add-on brings historical gravitas to a once-vital RAF spot.
- Hangar and support buildings have been edited and adjusted to make sure they fit with the time era being represented here.
- Technical sites and accommodation are the same. This perfectly captures the inner feelings of a 1950s military base.
- The photorealistic scenery is provided and is fully compatible with both default FSX/P3D and Generation X Scenery.
- Navigational aids are provided, making it very easy for you to get here just by following along.
- Static aircraft sit around, including Republic F-84F Thunderstreaks, Lockheed Constellations and also Douglas B-66B and NA B-45 Bombers.
- Douglas B-66B and C-47 aircraft fly around the air base, with AI profiles ensuring they take authentic flight directions.
- Scalable to suit just about any level of system performance. If you have a weaker system, this can be reduced to help reduce the impact on performance.
- All investment in this project delivers a portion of the profits to UK Help for Heroes. This is a UK-based veteran charity that helps war veterans through challenges in life.