- Media Format
- Immediate Download
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X inc. Steam Edition & Prepar3D including v4
- File size
- 37 MB
Once among the most important air bases in the Gloucestershire area, RAF Little Rissington played an increasingly important role in the past as a Central Flying School, the Vintage Pair, and even the famous Red Arrows. This makes it nice and easy for you to see why adding a version of RAF Little Rissington – in this case, a 1970s vintage – helps to depict the rich esteem that this air base was held within.
It was first built during the 1930s and soon played a critical role in various operations until it finally was closed down in 1994. Today, it’s still active among some southern technical sites and is used by the Flying Training School RAF over at RAF Syerston.
It’s a commonly used relief landing ground as well as a training spot and a chosen parachute drop location. It was even used as a film set at one stage, being used in films like Die Another Day, Thunderbirds and the popular spy film, The Avengers.
Also, please note that the Team SDB team behind this add-on sends a portion of all product revenues to the UK Charity, Help for Heroes. If you want to help represent the heroes of the present and the past, this is a worthwhile product indeed.
Recently, a new hanger was built and also large-scale funding went into the building to help make it better for RAF Air Cadets to use. This version, though, is built more upon the 1970s vintage, when this was most commonly used by the Central Flying School and, later, as the Imjin Barracks.
- Smart scenery object density to help make sure RAF Little Rissington is usable on most hardware systems and rig setups.
- Immersive and impressive attention to detail, with all hangers and support buildings included in clear detail.
- Technical sites and accommodation all built to better match the kind of facilities which were provided in the era this is built upon.
- The photorealistic groundwork has been used to work alongside popular choices like Generation X scenery or to work in tandem with the default simulator scenery.
- New dynamic night lighting is included, too, fully in accordance with P3D V4 needs. Operational night lighting is included, also.
- Scottish Aviation Bulldog T1 trainers will sit static, as well as Hunting Jet Provost T3 trainers.
- New and improved navigation aids are used to help make sure that you can make your way here without any issues.