- Media Format
- Immediate Download
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X inc. Steam Edition & Prepar3D (all versions including v4)
- File size
- 42 MB
A trip to the Royal Air Force Base at Cottesmore might be something that FSX and P3D pilots will be up for trying. If you were to try without the right add-on, though, you will find it barren and without any redeeming personality. This add-on recreates RAF Cottesmore at close detail. This former RAF station out in Rutland, England, first opened in 1938 and stood as a major command station for some time.
It was mostly a training base, to begin with, but before long it was used a lot by the United States Army Air Forces as they decided to use the facilities for transport and easy storage. It was then given back to the RAF in the summer of 1945 and returned to being a training station. Spending a decade under the English Electric Canberra, it was soon being used for the V bomber force come the late 1950s. Here, it was the location where the Victor B.1 bombers would stay, with the 15 Squadron staying here.
From 1962-64, it was used as the base for carrying out Nuclear Quick Reaction Alerts, before being displaced by 1969. This add-on looks to take the history of the base in the early 1960s when it was part of the bomber squadrons. If you want to add a nice touch of 1960s realism into your simulator, then this should make that very easy indeed.
- An impressive take on the airport, with all hangers and buildings placed where they should be according to all checkable details.
- Technical sites and accommodation are included, with the desire to make sure that it fits in with the general theme and look the 1960s era being represented.
- Photorealistic textures and ground work helps to make sure that you are left with a new and improved scenery quality in the general area.
- Night lighting makes it much easier for you to see things from afar, making it very easy for you to see where you are going even when arriving in the dead of night.
- Static aircraft hang around from AI Handley Page Victor B.1 Bombers and Static Gloster Javelin FAQ.9 fighters alongside the Bristol Britannia.
- Easy to scale up and change in terms of the detail provided to help make sure that you can get a high level of visual detail alongside impressive performance.
- All purchase of Team SDB add-ons sends a portion of revenues from all purchase to UK Help for Heroes charities.