- Media Format
- Immediate Download
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X inc. Steam Edition & Prepar3D (all versions) including v4
- File size
- 490 MB
As one of the most popular cities in the world, it’s no surprise that New York is host to many small and large airports. However, in FSX and P3D, they often appear poorly represented and lacking in the same detail that you might expect.
This mod, then, helps to bring thee major New York airports to live in a way that simply was not possible until now. This helps to add flavor, depth, and precision to the city, and ensures that you can readily land in parts of New York that now look far more as they should!
Newark Liberty International
As one of the most commonly used airports in the city, Newark Liberty International Airport is a common choice for so many reasons. A massive international airport with sprawling activity day-in, day-out, this mod helps to capture that business and beauty in the perfect manner.
Acting as the airport for regions such as Newark and New Jersey, this helps to add a whole new level of detail to the airport. Now, with more people and the level of traffic that you would expect bustling around the airport, a trip to Newark will now feel far more representative of the real thing.
Essex County Airport is one of the most commonly used airports of its kind, otherwise known to some as Caldwell Airport. It’s a high-quality airport, used primarily by the public. Located near Essex County in New Jersey, it’s a commonly used airport for those traveling to and from NJ. The facility is known for being a ‘general aviation reliever’ airport and has regularly been known as the airport where John F. Kennedy Jr crashed shortly after take-off in his private aircraft.
If you want to see the airport brought to life and to be as busy as it should, then you absolutely need to take a look at this for adding more buzz to an airport that feels perpetually busy.
Linden Airport is a very impressive venue; a general aviation relief airport. With the only airport in the metropolitan area without an ATC tower, this is a very interesting airport to visit. The light levels of air traffic make it a good place to land when you want an easy, stress-free entrance to the city of New York without all of the usual hassle.
It’s also a good place to land helicopters, which is where many NY news channels take off and fly from. A great choice for commuters and sight-seers, too, you should see plenty of people up in the sky around the airport snapping photos and taking in breath-taking aerial views.
As ever, you are expected to remove any previous installations of the New York Airports mod you are about to install. Then, you will run the installer and these products will automatically be added to your scenery library.
Simply run the installer and provide all of the features that you wish, adding in all of the extras that you may need. Also, be sure to look at the SimObject Display Engine as you need this for installation of this modification.
Also, please be aware that this is compatible with New York City X by Drzewiecki Design, alongside Manhattan X and ORBX products, as well. Megascenery should work, too.
- This is the best way to help turn three of the most common airports in New York into a sprawling aviation complex as you would expect.
- Performance friendly and designed to run on most realistic hardware, this adds attention to detail and realism where you would most expect.
- Up-to-date layouts that look outstanding and deliver a clear take on the airport as it was designed at the time of creation.
- New SODE jetways and seasonal switching further add to the quality and depth of the airport, really bringing it to life in a whole new way.
- Static aircraft line the airport, adding a much more bustling and busy look than what would have been present before.
- Animated vehicles drive around the airport as people walk around, helping to immerse you in the atmosphere and depth of each of the trio of airports.
- Custom meshing helps to make sure the whole airport areas look as impressive as you would have imagined them to be in reality.