KTNP Twentynine Palms Airport Scenery for X-Plane
Twentynine Palms (formerly known as Twenty-Nine Palms) was named for the palm trees found there in 1852 by Col. Henry Washington.Located in the Mojave Desert, California, dry climate, palm trees, shrubs and sand as far as the eye can see characterize Twentynine Palms Airport and its vicinity. Read more...
- Media Format
- Immediate Download
- X-Plane 10.40+ and X-Plane Steam Version
- File size
- 400 MB
Twentynine Palms Airport is the first project of our scenery development company 29Palms Scenery Design and JaraNet for X-Plane 10. Twentynine Palms was actually our first project a few years back for FSX. It didn’t reach the final stage of development. But we’ve learned a lot and decided to bring the project back to life which resulted in the release of this scenery.
We’ve set a whole new level of detail and realism with this scenery, based on many references from the real airport. Along with a huge library of high quality 3D objects, the software forms the basis for all prospective 29Palms sceneries. Covering over 250km² with high resolution satellite imagery, the scenery provides a lot to explore.
What are you waiting for? Pick one of the big hubs and head over to Twentynine Palms. The desert awaits you!
- Highly detailed rendition of Twentynine Palms Airport (KTNP), California
- Complete coverage of over 250km² with high resolution satellite imagery (0.25-0.6m/px)
- Realistic shadow rendition on lots of 3D objects by „texture baking“
- X-Plane 10 HDR Lights
- High resolution day and night textures (2048px²)
- Realistic rendition of light sources on all 3D objects and ground by „baked lighting“
- Over 100.000 hand-placed and custom made vegetation objects
- Complete reconstruction of airport’s lighting equipment
- Animated car traffic
- Numerous custom made static objects and aircrafts around the airport
- Compatible with HD-Mesh V3 by Andras Fabian (please read the "X-Plane 10 HD Mesh Scenery v3" chapter in the manual)
- Excellent performance with high frame rates due to optimizations
Aerosoft has been in the flight sim business since 1991 - true veterans of flight simulation software and providing add-ons for flight simulator users and virtual pilots.
Based in Germany, they have a true appreciation of attention to detail in flight sim quality. They have published many hit titles in the flight sim world over the years and they are known globally in the flight sim community.
Aerosoft publishes many titles from smaller flight sim names bringing their add-ons and creations to fruition and putting them in front of the masses.
Aerosoft is always at the forefront of the latest flight simulator technology and their customer after-sale support is second to none.
Submit a review of this product
Do you own a copy of this add-on? Have you used it? We'd love to hear your feedback on it below. You don't even need to have purchased it from SimShack.