- Media Format
- Immediate Download
- X-Plane 10.40 or higher
- File size
- 204 MB
Now version 3.2.
Now released from the Carenado workshop is their stunning B58 package for X-Plane. With all the great features of an FSX version, this will certainly bring some like to your virtual hangar.
Carenado's stunning B58 Baron is now available for use in your X-Plane software, available for versions 10.30 upwards and featuring 64 bit compatibility. The B58 is a light, twin engined piston aircraft that added club seating, double aft baggage doors, and new gross weight of 5,400lbs when it first hit the scene in 1969. Powered by two 285hp Continental piston engines, the B58 is a fast and sturdy aircraft that you will have a lot of fun flying. With support for both Windows and Mac operating systems, hopefully no one will miss out on this package that would make a fine addition to anyone's virtual hangar.
The exterior model is of a very high quality, the kind we have come to trust Carenado to deliver. High resolution textures make everything look its best, and there is no shortage of them in this case. Included with this package are four liveries that are all simple and attractive; they show off the soft curves of the B58 and wrap nicely around the fuselage while adding splashes of color to catch your eye. For those that want to show off their creative talents, a blank texture is included that can be used as a base paint for creating your own custom liveries, at an equally high resolution. Specular and alpha technology in the textures create some gorgeous light bounces and reflections on the surface of the aircraft. While fantastic exterior lighting on the model, from the navigation lights to the beacons, do wonders for your visual experience; the way the light seems to flow equally onto and around the aircraft, helps it to appear very much a part of the simulated environment.
The impressive 3D modeling extends to the interior, with a wonderfully crafted cockpit space where you will find an original KFC225 autopilot and two GNS430, as well as a ton of 3D gauges. Accurate reflections and realistic lighting effects on the gauges make for a truly immersive cockpit experience.
To achieve utmost authenticity, Carenado have put to use a digital stereo sound set recorded from the real thing, as well as taking the time to fine tune flight dynamics to perfectly capture the personality and feel of the B58 Baron. These flight dynamics, in company with a plethora of smooth and sometimes subtle animations, present you with an aircraft that never fails to provide an enthralling experience.
- X-Plane 64-bit compatible.
- Includes improved default X-Plane 10.30 GNS430.
- FPS-optimized model.
- NEW! Scroll wheel support
- DDS textures for faster load times and optimization
- Original KFC225 autopilot installed
- Original HQ digital stereo sounds recorded from the original aircraft.
- Two default X-Plane 10.30 GNS430 installed
- 368 pixels/meter textures
- 3D Gauges
- 2D windows: Cameras (for setting different cameras and field of view) and Options (for opening pilot and baggage doors, making invisible windows reflections, statics elements and tinted windows).
- Full moving parts: Ailerons, elevators, rudders, flaps, rolling wheels
- Highly detailed animations, such as doors, ladders, fully articulated sun visors, etc.
- Realistic exterior lights and night lighting effects: Navigation lights, beacons, landing lights
- Realistic light effects on gauges
- 3D modeled and animated pilot figures
- Highly detailed and optimized 3D cockpit area
- IFR certification
- Many details such as: pitot, antennas, chocks, pitot cover, baggage area.
- Realistic textures and original paint designs.
- Accurately reproduced flight characteristics
- Real weight and balance.
- Toggle yoke visibility in virtual cockpit
- Nightlight effects on panel
Included in the package
- 4 Liveries
- 1 Blank texture
- Normal and Emergency Procedures PDF
- KFC225 Autopilot Manual
- B58 Reference PDF
- Recommended Settings PDF
- General Information PDF
After flying the new Carenado B58 Baron for about five hours I’m convinced this file should be the first ACF we paste an X-Award for Excellence on. While not 100% v10 compliant (I noted oil pressure and Amp gauge issues common to many ACF in v10), after this brief time it’s simply a matter of common sense: this is now the best GA aircraft in X-Plane. Period. I could prattle on about this or that feature, but suffice to say that everything you’ve ever wanted in a GA twin is in here (though I’d have loved that radar altimeter from the F33A), and because this ACF is textured at very high resolution the look of the file is simply breathtaking. - xsimreviews.com