Airport Mykonos Scenery for X-Plane
Were you to listen to the ancient legends and tales of Greece, then the island of Mykonos holds unique mythological history. Indeed, it was supposed to have arisen from the seas as Hercules dispatched two giants, throwing them into the sea and thus watching them turn to stone. Read more...
- X-Plane 10.40+ or X-Plane Steam Version
- File size
- 590 MB
As one of the most popular islands in the region to visit, the rich and mythological Mykonos makes an amazing holiday destination. However, if you were to fly here in X-Plane, you might feel somewhat let down.
Now, Airport Mykonos, the international airport of the island, is delivered in a much more spectacular style.
Created using a rich series of landmarks and with the correct white and blue facades, everything changes. The whole area changes, with many of the famous chapels of the area appearing and many even located within the airport perimeter itself.
On top of that, many new Mykonos landmarks appear, using 0.5m/pixel scenery to help detail the whole island as best as is possible. The town is detailed and rich with new features, using over 1,000 new buildings to fully populate the town itself.
The airport itself, too, is perfectly detailed and now easily welcomes the arrival of all manner of aircraft, from airliners to private charter flights.
- A wonderful take on the wider island of Mykonos as well as Mykonos International Airport.
- 140km2 of immersive detailed throughout, with rich and detailed scenery created for both day and night. Mixed with new terrain mesh and 3D grass/vegetation.
- 2000 new objects placed across the town of Mykonos, with a total reconstruction of the airport - and its lighting sources.
- Impressive new changes to the airport ensure that many new X-Plane features exist, including the use of HDR lighting and Ultra HD textures.
- 5cm/pixel around ground textures is used around the wider area of the airport.
- Animated traffic moves around the airport, alongside animated ship traffic and even fully working windmills.
- Fully compatible with X-Plane 10 HD Mesh Scenery v2.
Aerosoft has been in the flight sim business since 1991 - true veterans of flight simulation software and providing add-ons for flight simulator users and virtual pilots.
Based in Germany, they have a true appreciation of attention to detail in flight sim quality. They have published many hit titles in the flight sim world over the years and they are known globally in the flight sim community.
Aerosoft publishes many titles from smaller flight sim names bringing their add-ons and creations to fruition and putting them in front of the masses.
Aerosoft is always at the forefront of the latest flight simulator technology and their customer after-sale support is second to none.
Submit a review of this product
Do you own a copy of this add-on? Have you used it? We'd love to hear your feedback on it below. You don't even need to have purchased it from SimShack.