- Media Format
- Immediate Download
- X-Plane 10.50+, X-Plane 11 and X-Plane 11/10 Steam Version
- File size
- 540 MB
A trip to the major German commercial hub of Frankfurt should, of course, be a hugely enjoyable experience. This rich and satisfying city is among the most important in Germany and is really a major part of their thriving commerce sector. However, a trip to the city often feels quite barren due to the lack of detail and attention across the wider airport of Frankfurt-Egelsbach. This add-on looks to add some missing detail and ensure that the whole airport looks a bit more immersive and enjoyable to fly over.
X-Plane users will be used to parts of Frankfurt feeling a touch empty. With 0.5cm/pixel scenery, though, you are left with very crisp and richly detailed floor scenery. The whole airport will look much more in-scale and in-scope, and it should go a long way to improving trips to Frankfurt. All buildings and airport layouts are made following the original plans of the airport. Thanks to high-resolution textures for both today and night, this makes it easy for you to see a much more immersive experience overall.
The airport first opened in 1955, and since then has grown to become an important part of aviation in the Frankfurt area. It’s become a major part of the Frankfurt industrial location, with various companies located here and also a helicopter base for the German Police.
- Impressive new add-ons to the airport ensure that all major airport facilities are now clearly visible throughout the airport.
- Photorealistic imagery used for all buildings and vehicles, with 0.5m/pixel ground texture adding the required focus and sharpness throughout.
- Textures for both day and night exist, making sure that Frankfurt-Egelsbach changes depending on the time of day that you arrive here.
- Taxiway and runways edited and scaled to fit with real-life, all according to the original plans provided for the airport.
- Newly improved animated wind display on the tower ensures the airport feels more immersive in general.
- Various other small animations included, such as opening hangar doors, fire brigade teams, aircraft towing and various other features.
- A fully written English and German manual is included, making it easy for users to pick up key facts about Airport Frankfurt-Egelsbach.
- Fully compatible with both X-Plane 10.50+ and X-Plane 11.