Media Format: DVD-ROM
Compatibility: Microsoft Flight Simulator X
Now updated from Flight1 is their stunning ground texture and scenery enhancement package for Flight Simulator X, Ground Environment X. Ground environment X will greatly enhance your default FSX ground textures and add a higher level or realism to your flight sim.
Flight One Software, Anthony Vos, and Nick Needham are proud to present Ground Environment X North America for Microsoft Flight Simulator X.
Ground Environment X brings all-new ground textures to FSX, and it boasts an incredible 1 m/pixel texture resolution, using native 1024x1024 pixel images, and includes all seasons, meticulously designed night textures and the latest techniques in autogen placement and alignment. All this while keeping maximum Flight Simulator performance in mind during development.
The easy-to-use interface will provide for easy installing the new textures, and is designed with Flight1's "keep-it-simple yet powerful" philosophy.
- Complete coverage of the USA and Canada (including Alaska).
- 1m/pixel - 1024 x 1024 Texture Size - Hand Crafted To extreme Detail.
- High Performance, extreme density and perfectly aligned autogen.
- Realistic custom designed night textures.
- All seasons including snowy winter.
- Textures derived from licensed Arial and Satellite imagery.
- Fine tuned add-ons and ongoing updates and enhancements will be made available through the built-in update feature, based on customer feedback.
- New Enhanced Version features!
- Enhanced textures to assist in rendering clearer visuals.
- Highly detailed crisp and clear arial views.
- Enhancements to produce simulated 3D depth in texture foliage.
- New winter textures which display vegitation within the snow.
- Better season blend so seasons such as fall fade into winter and blend natually.
- Enhanced color processing which upgrades all seasons.
- Enriched desert and flatland details, no more bland yellow deserts or flatlands.
- Structured texture layout to assist in covering all major landclass products.
- Special features for Ultimate Terrain X USA and Canada Customers.
- Completely redesigned night lighting environment.
Recommended System Requirements
Flight Simulator X
2.6 Mhz Processor
5 GB Hard Drive Space (2.5 GB if backups are not required).
256 MB Video Card
Windows XP / Vista
"Ground Environment X (GEX) to my eye offers up the best textures I have ever seen for flight simulator. GEX is not elevation mesh, it is not landclass, and it is not photo-real scenery. GEX replaces the default textures, which are called by the landclass underneath and makes up the third layer of the FSX scenery mix." - FlightSim.