Media format: CD-ROM
Compatibility: Microsoft Flight Simulator X / 2004
London Heathrow Airport is one of the world busiest and and has now been done by one of the best known development teams, Simwings! They have really made a remarkable job on getting this airport as detailed as in real life in FS2004 and FSX.
Simwings did have the BAA as an official partner for this project which makes it as realistic as can be with a foresight in to the future. Using up-to-date 3d files for many buildings according to BAA plans to include even the newest (and some in real life still under construction) layout and buildings. Check out what EGLL will be like in October 2008!
There is no doubt this product is one of the most detailed and precise major airports scenery ever done (still with excellent frames), but as Simwings have shown in the past, it is not only these technical details that make a great scenery, it is also the fact that they make an airport come to life in the simulator. If you like big airports this is one you simply can't miss.
- Airport layout based on official maps representing the airport in 2008
- New T 5 buildings, taxiway layout of October 2008
- Hundreds of taxiway signs and RWY details
- AI-Traffic compatible. AFCAD file contains every possible gate. Gates are assigned to specific airlines.
- All docking guidance systems of the real Heathrow airport are rebuilt
- Dynamic scenery. Some static aircrafts (low polygon models) as an option
- Fully AES compatible (AES Version 1.91)
- High resolution ground and object textures (and normal textures as an installer option for older grapic cards)
- FSX version will come as a free update soon
Watch a video of Mega Airport London Heathrow X Scenery